Stonehenge has puzzled people for centuries. What was the purpose of such a massive rock formation? And how were people able to move such large boulders from quarries 50-150 km away? As scientists and archaeologists have learned more though, a new mystery has appeared: why is there such a high concentration of pig fat on pottery found in the area? Join us this week as Charlie explores a new paper looking at how pig fat may have facilitated the construction of this famous, mysterious site.
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 31 · Did F-words come from a change in diet?
- Episode 20 · How often did humans breed with Neanderthals?
- Episode 24 · How can 3D printed filters improve chemotherapy?
- Episode 18 · How does an ion plane actually fly?
- Episode 15 · How hard was the Insight landing on Mars?
- Episode 14 · Is paralysis a thing of the past?