With their breeding sites heavily dependent on sea ice, Emperor penguins are extremely impacted by climate change in Antarctica. The 2016 Paris Climate agreement sought the commitment of nations to keep the global temperature rise below 2 degrees centigrade, but how would this level of warming impact emperor penguin populations? Join us this week as Charlie and James explore a new paper that sees if the goals of the Paris Climate agreement are enough to save the penguins.
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 78 · Do penguins speak like humans?
- Episode 67 · How does hibernation work genetically?
- Episode 41 · How deep does bomb carbon go?
- Episode 40 · Are synthetic genomes in our future?
- Episode 36 · Can you bring a dead brain back to life?
- Episode 28 · How did tardigrades become immortal?
- Episode 22 · Can an LED control your nervous system?
- Episode 17 · Did climate change cause the Great Dying?