Optogenetics is a breakthrough technology that you may not have heard of. So what exactly is it and how might it change our future? James brings in a paper about rat incontinence that could spell great advances for future humans.
And the video about using light to turn on mice’s killer instinct here.
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 67 · How does hibernation work genetically?
- Episode 40 · Are synthetic genomes in our future?
- Episode 20 · How often did humans breed with Neanderthals?
- Episode 10 · Should we kill all the mosquitos?
- Episode 50 · How is Neuralink hacking the brain?
- Episode 48 · Can your brain see into the future?
- Episode 30 · Why does pain hurt?
- Episode 27 · Are female brains really 'more youthful'?
- Episode 26 · Can you understand talking brain waves?
- Episode 14 · Is paralysis a thing of the past?
- Episode 11 · How many faces do you know?
- Episode 4 · Is pollution hurting your cognition?
- Episode 65 · Can we save the penguins?
- Episode 41 · How deep does bomb carbon go?
- Episode 36 · Can you bring a dead brain back to life?
- Episode 28 · How did tardigrades become immortal?
- Episode 17 · Did climate change cause the Great Dying?