With winter setting in, it’s easy to wonder why we humans can’t simply hibernate. How is it that animals like bears can simply bypass eating and drinking for such a long time? Join us this week as Charlie and James dive into new research investigating the genetic mechanisms of hibernation in bears!
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 40 · Are synthetic genomes in our future?
- Episode 22 · Can an LED control your nervous system?
- Episode 20 · How often did humans breed with Neanderthals?
- Episode 10 · Should we kill all the mosquitos?
- Episode 65 · Can we save the penguins?
- Episode 41 · How deep does bomb carbon go?
- Episode 36 · Can you bring a dead brain back to life?
- Episode 28 · How did tardigrades become immortal?
- Episode 17 · Did climate change cause the Great Dying?
- Episode 92 · What happened to the mice of Universe 25? (Bonus episode)
- Episode 78 · Do penguins speak like humans?
- Episode 45 · Can seals learn to sing and talk?