It seems every few months, a news article pops up talking about the indestructible Tardigrade - otherwise known as the “water bear” or “moss piglet.” These resilient little animals can survive radiation in space, freezing for 30 years, and completely drying out their bodies. So how exactly are they able to do this? James brings in a recent paper diving into the details of Tardigrades’ little survival hacks.
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 67 · How does hibernation work genetically?
- Episode 65 · Can we save the penguins?
- Episode 41 · How deep does bomb carbon go?
- Episode 40 · Are synthetic genomes in our future?
- Episode 36 · Can you bring a dead brain back to life?
- Episode 22 · Can an LED control your nervous system?
- Episode 17 · Did climate change cause the Great Dying?
- Episode 35 · Do mosquitoes hate Skrillex?
- Episode 10 · Should we kill all the mosquitos?
- Episode 5 · Can goats read your face?
- Episode 1 · How do spiders fly?