How many different people could you recognize if you passed them on the street? As it turns out, this is a question science had never answered until now. Charlie brings in a paper with ingenious methods that open up a whole new world of questioning in facial recognition science.
Grad Student Highlight: Jacob Adams from MIT in Cambridge, MA shares his research!
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 92 · What happened to the mice of Universe 25? (Bonus episode)
- Episode 89 · Is eating sugar a gut instinct?
- Episode 88 · What happened in the Stanford Prison Experiment? (Bonus episode)
- Episode 77 · How should you talk to babies?
- Episode 71 · Christmas Special: Why do we believe in Santa?
- Episode 61 · Can physical exertion lead to mental burnout?
- Episode 5 · Can goats read your face?
- Episode 80 · Can you stimulate consciousness?
- Episode 50 · How is Neuralink hacking the brain?
- Episode 48 · Can your brain see into the future?
- Episode 30 · Why does pain hurt?
- Episode 27 · Are female brains really 'more youthful'?
- Episode 26 · Can you understand talking brain waves?
- Episode 22 · Can an LED control your nervous system?
- Episode 14 · Is paralysis a thing of the past?
- Episode 4 · Is pollution hurting your cognition?