Sugar cravings are intense. The feeling goes beyond a desire for sweets, like it’s driven by some primitive programming originating ideep in our nervous system–and frankly, artificial sweeteners just don’t cut it. Join us this week as we dive into new research that investigates the origins of animals’ love for sugar.
Also check out this NPR article to learn why you should view mice studies with a critical eye.
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 92 · What happened to the mice of Universe 25? (Bonus episode)
- Episode 88 · What happened in the Stanford Prison Experiment? (Bonus episode)
- Episode 77 · How should you talk to babies?
- Episode 71 · Christmas Special: Why do we believe in Santa?
- Episode 61 · Can physical exertion lead to mental burnout?
- Episode 11 · How many faces do you know?
- Episode 5 · Can goats read your face?
- Episode 68 · Is eating healthier better for the planet?
- Episode 53 · How does an artificial tongue taste whiskey?