Baby talk is cute. As humans, people across the world can’t help from talking in a higher pitch and exaggerating their syllables when they talk to babies. And it turns out this cutsie language, dubbed “Parentese” could be for a very good reason! Join us this week as Charlie and James dive into new research on the benefits of baby talk.
(Photo credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9XZJjadZgU)
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 71 · Christmas Special: Why do we believe in Santa?
- Episode 61 · Can physical exertion lead to mental burnout?
- Episode 11 · How many faces do you know?
- Episode 5 · Can goats read your face?
- Episode 66 · Is there a universal “bit rate” of speech?
- Episode 31 · Did F-words come from a change in diet?