(WARNING: Do not listen with young children!!) For Christmas Eve, the Paper Boys tackle the everlasting mythos of Santa Claus. Why do parents encourage kids to believe? What reactions do kids have when they learn the truth? How far do some parents go to keep the dream alive? Do parents know how upset kids really are to learn the truth? Join us as we dive into a doctoral dissertation (with references all the way back to 1896!) exploring all these questions and more.
P.S. we made this episode to come out on December 26th originally, but we’re releasing on Christmas Eve as an early present - so forgive our endless Boxing Day references!
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 72 · The Best of Science 2019
- Episode 92 · What happened to the mice of Universe 25? (Bonus episode)
- Episode 89 · Is eating sugar a gut instinct?
- Episode 88 · What happened in the Stanford Prison Experiment? (Bonus episode)
- Episode 77 · How should you talk to babies?
- Episode 61 · Can physical exertion lead to mental burnout?
- Episode 11 · How many faces do you know?
- Episode 5 · Can goats read your face?