Some clues have indicated that female brains may stave off aging better than male brains, such as better cognitive ability later in life and longer life expectancies. However, the reason behind these observations remains a mystery. Scientists at the Washington University in St. Louis have applied machine learning to uncover yet another clue in the slowly developing picture of sex difference in the brain - that male brains appear older than their female counterparts of the same physical age. Charlie brings in the paper that has scientists scratching their heads and news outlets spinning.
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 30 · Why does pain hurt?
- Episode 26 · Can you understand talking brain waves?
- Episode 22 · Can an LED control your nervous system?
- Episode 14 · Is paralysis a thing of the past?
- Episode 11 · How many faces do you know?
- Episode 4 · Is pollution hurting your cognition?
- Episode 32 · Does space affect male and female astronauts differently?