It is estimated that sleep apnea affects nearly 1 billion worldwide. However, many of the mechanisms behind sleep apnea are still a mystery. New research has pointed to high levels of tongue fat as a primary factor controlling the severity of sleep apnea. Join us this week as James and Charlie dive into the “thick” of it and learn about this new discovery.
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 68 · Is eating healthier better for the planet?
- Episode 61 · Can physical exertion lead to mental burnout?
- Episode 57 · What’s the difference between vegetarians and meat-eaters?
- Episode 56 · Is intermittent fasting healthy?
- Episode 51 · Do you really need 10,000 steps a day?
- Episode 46 · Does caffeine make you burn fat?
- Episode 37 · Is there a wrong side of the time zone?
- Episode 36 · Can you bring a dead brain back to life?
- Episode 33 · Are eggs really bad for you?