From Carl Sagan to Elon Musk, people have discussed making Mars more like Earth through terraforming. But are we sure that Mars even has the ingredients we need to transform it? Charlie brings in a paper that may answer the most important questions for Mars colonists.
Grad Student Highlight: Jazmine Benjamin from University of Alabama at Birmingham shares her research!
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 60 · Nobel Prize edition: what was the first exoplanet?
- Episode 59 · Is "Planet 9" actually a black hole?
- Episode 58 · How is the darkest black created?
- Episode 47 · How can you measure the expansion of the universe?
- Episode 42 · Did supernovae make us walk upright?
- Episode 39 · Are moonquakes reshaping the Moon?
- Episode 34 · How do you image a black hole?
- Episode 32 · Does space affect male and female astronauts differently?
- Episode 29 · Is Titan's organic atmosphere coming from its core?
- Episode 25 · How did the Curiosity rover weigh a mountain on Mars?
- Episode 19 · Does negative mass explain dark matter?
- Episode 15 · How hard was the Insight landing on Mars?
- Episode 13 · Is Oumuamua an alien spacecraft?
- Episode 8 · Can you hear meteors?
- Episode 3 · Saturn is whistling to Enceladus
- Episode 2 · How to find water on Mars