Paper Boys

Episode 19

Does negative mass explain dark matter?

95% of the universe is "dark matter," but what is that exactly?

Cosmologists claim that all the matter we can see in the universe really only accounts for 5% of everything that’s out there - the other 95% is so-called “dark matter” and “dark energy.” Figuring out exactly what these are has puzzled scientists for decades, and troubling results have popped up time after time. Now, an Oxford physicist claims one theory could end up resolving all the missing pieces in cosmology. Charlie brings in a paper that could change physics just by changing the sign.

Grad Student Highlight: Andrew Makdisi discusses his research on geotechnical engineering!

Check out the original paper by Jamie Farnes here and the Motherboard Vice article here.

Questions or comments? Reach out to us:

You might also like these episodes!