Last year, astronomers discovered a bizarre rock from outside our solar system zipping past Earth. This year, two researchers have made the extroardinary claim that this rock could actually be alien technology…but is the evidence extroardinary enough to support it? Charlie brings in their paper and gets to the bottom of a story that has been covered in controversy, misinformation, and extraterrestrial inspiration.
Grad Student Highlight: Susanna Harris (@SusannaLHarris) from University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill shares her research!
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 47 · How can you measure the expansion of the universe?
- Episode 42 · Did supernovae make us walk upright?
- Episode 39 · Are moonquakes reshaping the Moon?
- Episode 34 · How do you image a black hole?
- Episode 32 · Does space affect male and female astronauts differently?
- Episode 29 · Is Titan's organic atmosphere coming from its core?
- Episode 25 · How did the Curiosity rover weigh a mountain on Mars?
- Episode 19 · Does negative mass explain dark matter?
- Episode 15 · How hard was the Insight landing on Mars?
- Episode 9 · Can we terraform Mars?
- Episode 8 · Can you hear meteors?
- Episode 3 · Saturn is whistling to Enceladus
- Episode 2 · How to find water on Mars