Titan is the only moon in the solar system that has an atmosphere, and its origin is still a hotly studied mystery. However, ESA’s Rosetta mission that landed on Comet 67P made some startling discoveries that made scientists rethink how Titan could be generating its nitrogen-rich atmosphere. In this episode of Paper Boys, Charlie dives into the journal paper behind these new revelations and goes off on science headlines that conjour up the imagery of “cooked organics.”
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 3 · Saturn is whistling to Enceladus
- Episode 47 · How can you measure the expansion of the universe?
- Episode 42 · Did supernovae make us walk upright?
- Episode 39 · Are moonquakes reshaping the Moon?
- Episode 34 · How do you image a black hole?
- Episode 32 · Does space affect male and female astronauts differently?
- Episode 25 · How did the Curiosity rover weigh a mountain on Mars?
- Episode 19 · Does negative mass explain dark matter?
- Episode 15 · How hard was the Insight landing on Mars?
- Episode 13 · Is Oumuamua an alien spacecraft?
- Episode 9 · Can we terraform Mars?
- Episode 8 · Can you hear meteors?
- Episode 2 · How to find water on Mars