Want to know what a plasma wave from outer space sounds like? Well, it’s kind of like whistling (or aliens, according to Nikola Tesla).
Charlie brings in new research from NASA that you have to hear to believe.
Also, huge thanks to Dammit Eugene for the Paper Boys theme song! Check out his other work here
Questions or comments? Reach out to us:
You might also like these episodes!
- Episode 29 · Is Titan's organic atmosphere coming from its core?
- Episode 73 · What's OSIRIS-REx doing at asteroid Bennu?
- Episode 70 · Does Europa actually have water plumes?
- Episode 69 · Why does Enceladus have "tiger stripes"?
- Episode 60 · Nobel Prize edition: what was the first exoplanet?
- Episode 59 · Is "Planet 9" actually a black hole?
- Episode 58 · How is the darkest black created?
- Episode 47 · How can you measure the expansion of the universe?
- Episode 42 · Did supernovae make us walk upright?
- Episode 39 · Are moonquakes reshaping the Moon?
- Episode 34 · How do you image a black hole?
- Episode 32 · Does space affect male and female astronauts differently?
- Episode 25 · How did the Curiosity rover weigh a mountain on Mars?
- Episode 19 · Does negative mass explain dark matter?
- Episode 15 · How hard was the Insight landing on Mars?
- Episode 13 · Is Oumuamua an alien spacecraft?
- Episode 9 · Can we terraform Mars?
- Episode 8 · Can you hear meteors?
- Episode 2 · How to find water on Mars
- Episode 53 · How does an artificial tongue taste whiskey?
- Episode 18 · How does an ion plane actually fly?
- Episode 7 · Magnetic fields can blow up your lab
- Episode 6 · What are microwave weapons?